$20 Adult (12+)
$10 Kids (6-11)
5 & under free
- This event is co-sanctioned with our friends at the Southeastern Enduro and Trail Riders Association (SETRA).
- Practice - ATVs: Friday / Bikes: Saturday. See event schedule for times. The cost is $20, you will sign up to practice when you register to race.
- Yamaha Demo Rides will take place at Big Buck on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. See Site Map tab for location.
- The woods will be closed from 4 pm - 6 pm on Saturday, Feb 24.
- Fuel Ministries Pit Bike Race: Fri. Feb 23 & Sat. Feb 24 from 5:30 p. - 7:00 p.
- Team Faith Chapel Service Saturday, Feb. 24 at 7 p.
- The GNCC On-Track Program will be visiting Buffalo Elementary School in Buffalo, SC on Friday, February 23.
Southeastern Enduro and Trail Riders Association
Contact: Chris Doran
Series Est. 1973 - 45th year
2nd year as a co-sanctioned partner
The Big Buck course presents the standard GNCC obstacles: everything from tight woods, to fields, creek crossings, rocks and hill climbs. It’s a fast, wide-open course, but definitely not easy! The field sections are very fast and they get chopped up and rough as the weekend goes on, so you need to have your suspension dialed in.
Usually, a spectacular creek jump is incorporated into the course where the riders launch off of a bank and over the water. Of course, there’s a path around the jump for those who aren’t as comfortable with air time.
The Big Buck facility is owned by Henry Turner and his family, and they are big fans and supporters of GNCC Racing. Even the town of Union gets behind the Big Buck big time.
Since the course gets rough, riders need to be smart. New lines often open up throughout the race, so constantly scanning the terrain for a smoother route can save energy and reduce risks. Most of the tough sections, the hills and mud, are pretty basic, which means the winner will be the rider who runs through the trees fastest.
The soil at Big Buck is unique. It isn't a sandy soil that people associate with South Carolina. It's more of a clay base that can get slick when it's wet, and gets very silty and almost feels like sand when it's dry. The course is winding and can be tight. In fact, the quads usually have a section of tight trail, and the bikes have their own section of even tighter trail. If you're not a single track expert, don't worry, the sections are short and multiple lines open up.
When it comes to places to eat at Big Buck, there's a variety of choices. The nearby town of Clinton, South Carolina has several dining choices:
179 E Corporate Center Dr, Clinton, SC
Located by The Hampton Inn off I-26, Fatz Cafe offers many choices ranging from seafood and chicken to pasta, steaks, and more more.
Senor Garcia Mexican Restaurant
107 Jacobs Hwy, Clinton, SC
Always a favorite of the GNCC Racing crew and racers alike, Senor Garcia offers up the usual Mexican fare, with an exceptional taste.
910 S Broad St, Clinton, SC
Dempsey's Pizza offers up a fantastic pizza buffet at a fair price!
There's plenty more delicious places to discover in Clinton and the town of Union as well!