UPDATE: Ironman GNCC Fire Protocol for Friday, October 21
No fires are permitted throughout the weekend of the Ironman GNCC. Conditions remain dry with wind gusts throughout the weekend.
UPDATE: Ironman GNCC Fire Protocol for Thursday, October 20
UPDATE #2: As of 8 pm, fires are still prohibited at Ironman Raceway. Racer Productions will assess the weather in the morning for further updates.
With continuing dry conditions, and wind gusts up to 30 mph throughout the day today the state of Indiana has issued a Red Flag Warning for all of central Indiana until 8 PM Thursday, October 20. At this time any fires at Ironman Raceway are prohibited.
Racer Productions will continue to update as information from the National Weather Service become available.
Thank you for your cooperation.
TO: 2022 GNCC Participants
FROM: GNCC Racing
Date: October 18, 2022
SUBJECT: COMPETITION BULLETIN 2022-11:
Ironman GNCC Weekend Fire Protocol
With continuing dry conditions and limited expected rainfall this week, the conditions for this upcoming event at Ironman are projected to be very dry. Accordingly, the Crawfordsville Fire Department and Racer Productions are implementing the following rules for this weekend’s event:
- All fires must be contained in rings and covered to avoid flying embers.
- All fires are limited to 3’ in diameter.
- No unattended open or smoldering fires.
- All users are to be extra cautious of conditions and be prepared to extinguish their own fire by use of water, dirt, sand, etc.
- Fires must be fully extinguished by the user before leaving the facility.
- Racer Productions may prohibit all fires based on wind conditions.