Four Hall of Famers among seminar presenters at 2019 Honda AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days presented by Avon Tyres
Topics include Honda's history in America, encouraging new riders
PICKERINGTON, Ohio -- Four AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famers are among the 13 seminar presenters during 2019 Honda AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days presented by Avon Tyres, July 5-7 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio.
Speakers at this year's seminars include Hall of Famers Scot Harden, Mary McGee and Peter Starr, as well as Hall of Famer and event co-grand marshal Bubba Shobert.
Charles Schnieber, brand culture champion for American Honda Motor Co. Inc., will discuss the company's marketing, heritage, early racing and product development.
AMA staff members will conduct a panel discussion on important legislation affecting riders. And motorcycling experts will speak on numerous topics, including electric motorcycles, motorcycle restoration and history.
"Part of the thrill of AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days is getting to learn from fellow enthusiasts, and it can't get much better than listening to four Hall of Famers in one weekend," said AMA Chief Operations Officer Jeff Massey. "The seminar program will educate, entertain and inspire both veteran and new motorcyclists."
The seminar schedule includes:
- 10 a.m.: Carburetors -- They are out to get YOU!, by Phil Waters
- 11:30 a.m.: MOTOGO Cleveland-bringing back shop class, by Brian Schaffran
- 12:30 p.m.: The Motorcycle Cure for Cancer, by Peter Starr
- 1:45 p.m.: Co-Grand Marshal Bubba Shobert
- 3 p.m.: Motorcycling -- The first 100 years of Motorcycles from 1869 to 1969, by Armand Ensanian
- 4 p.m.: Trail Blazer, by Mary McGee
- 5:15 p.m.: Honda, 60 years in America, by Charles Schnieber
- 9:15 a.m.: Honda, 60 years in America, by Charles Schnieber
- 10:30 a.m.: Your right to ride, by Nick Haris, Steve Salisbury and Mike Sayre of the AMA Government Relations Department
- Noon: High Voltage Road trips: 48 States on a Zero SR, by Ben Rich
- 1:30 p.m.: Trail Blazer, by Mary McGee
- 3 p.m.: Some of my Favorite Film Clips and Stories Behind Them, by Peter Starr
- 4:15 p.m.: Adventure Motorcycling and Plus 1 Rider: The Growing Adventure Motorcycle Segment and Inspiring the Next Generation of Riders, by Scot Harden
- 5:30 p.m.: MotoPhoto 101, by Carl Parker
- 10 a.m.: Electrifying Rides: From Harley Livewire to Zero SR/F, by Ben Rich
- 11:30 a.m.: Trail Blazer, by Mary McGee
- 1:30 p.m.: Gas-It's just not dead dinosaurs anymore, by Phil Waters
Honda AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days presented by Avon Tyres is July 5-7 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio. The event will not only celebrate the 50th anniversary of Honda's legendary 1969 CB750, but also the 40th anniversary of the six-cylinder CBX and the 60th anniversary of American Honda Motor Co. Inc.
Three-time AMA Grand National Champion and AMA Superbike Champion Bubba Shobert and nine-time AMA national off-road champion Scott Summers will be co-grand marshals of the event. Both are longtime Honda riders and among the winningest racers in professional motorcycle competition.
Honda AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days presented by Avon Tyres, welcomes riders and racers of all brands to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. All activity at the event financially supports the American Motorcycle Heritage Foundation, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit that raises money for the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame.
Honda and Harley-Davidson will offer demo rides during the event.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days includes vintage competition in road racing, motocross, hare scrambles and trials at Mid-Ohio and flat track racing at the nearby Ashland County Fairgrounds. Riders in these disciplines are racing for national championships or national championship series points. In addition, the Biltwell Pit Bike Races, the Biltwell Holeshot Challenge and the Biltwell Off-Road Poker Run will also be held.
Vendors from all areas of motorcycling will be at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Swap Meet, presented by Federal Motorcycle Transport, selling gear, parts, accessories and tools.
Those attending also can register at the AMA tent at Old Bike Barn Crossroads to win a 2019 Honda Monkey. AMA members and those joining or renewing AMA memberships during the event receive extra chances to win. The winner will be announced Sunday, July 7.
Tickets are available for purchase online at www.midohio.com/tickets/1/vintage-motorcycle-days-ama
or at the gate during the event. A weekend pass is $60, a single-day admission for Friday or Saturday is $40 and a single-day admission for Sunday is $35. Kids 12 and younger get in free.
Keep up to date on event announcements by liking and following AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days on Facebook (www.facebook.com/AMAVintageMotorcycleDays) and using #AMAVMD on Instagram and Twitter.
Those attending Honda AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days presented by Avon Tyres can also sign up for special text alerts during the event weekend.
For more information, visit www.amavintagemotorcycledays.com.
About the American Motorcyclist Association
Founded in 1924, the AMA is a not-for-profit member-based association whose mission is to promote the motorcycle lifestyle and protect the future of motorcycling. As the world's largest motorcycling rights and event sanctioning organization, the AMA advocates for riders' interests at all levels of government and sanctions thousands of competition and recreational events every year. The AMA also provides money-saving discounts on products and services for its members. Through the AMA Motorcycle Hall of Fame in Pickerington, Ohio, the AMA honors the heroes and heritage of motorcycling. For more information, visit www.americanmotorcyclist.com.
Not a member? Join the AMA today: www.americanmotorcyclist.com/membership/join